Book a one-to-one session with an expert and improve your business
Situated in Hall 6, The Education Zone is your unique chance to have a one-to-one consultation with industry experts who will be offering bespoke advice on the following subjects:
• The latest legislation
• Health & safety advice
• Productivity tips
• Careers support
• Education and apprenticeships information
- MEET THE EXPERTS -
* If you would like to know more about the experts click on their profile pictures to read their bios.
Experts will be on-hand from the following organisations:
BOOK your ONE TO ONE SESSION:
If you are looking for advice within the industry and you would like to book a session today, just head to the Education Zone and a member of the staff will book a session for you.
Each day of the show, the following interactive presentations will take place:
MEET OUR EXPERT SPEAKERS
11:30 – 12:00
Apprenticeships, Training & Funding
Jon Gibson, Managing Director, Didac
This session will cover:
• types of apprenticeships available in the furniture, wood and timber industry
• how they are funded
• new Apprenticeship Standards and their difference from previous apprenticeship framework
• other funded and non funded training opportunities which are available to the sector, including grants such as CITB and BWF
This is your opportunity to find out more about to offer apprenticeships and other training within your company.
12:30 – 13:00
Training machinists in 2018
Warren Handley, Operator Trainer, Daltons Wadkin
Meeting employers' obligations for providing wood machine operator training in the work place. Understanding the regulations. When should training be given? Who should be trained? What about refresher and supervisor training? What courses are available? All will be covered in his discussion.